[Cuis-dev] Just wanted to thank everyone for their contributions and hard work…

Mark Taber marktaber at icloud.com
Sat Jan 22 08:26:44 PST 2022

Finally (finally!) I’ve gotten around to downloading and starting to learn Cuis Smalltalk. I’m using The Cuis Book (though I have also downloaded the other suggested classic Smalltalk books for later reading).

I’m a retired system architect / senior developer in the enterprise (a large state government agency here in the USA). I can’t complain, but got to marvel and look at things like Smalltalk from a distance. Now…I am learning it, and planning on using it for my computational sketches (the computer will create the “canonical forms” that I will imperfectly reproduce on canvas, etc., by hand).

Thanks to all of you for the books, this mailing list, all the work on the code, the videos. It makes Cuis feel very manageable.

Question: I have found several (very) small errors in the Cuis book (English subject-verb agreements, spelling, etc.). So small, in fact, that it seems “nit-picky” to even point them out. How would a person report these? (I’m open to contributing, but I am *waaaay* too new to the project at this point.)

Thanks again, everyone,
Mark Taber
Sacramento, CA

“To know that one doesn’t know is best.” — Lao Tzu