[Cuis-dev] Community tutorial meeting

Hernan Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at 10pines.com
Thu Jan 27 07:16:30 PST 2022

I think it is a good idea.
We should use this time to show the changes/new features that were added
since the previous meeting.

On Thu, Jan 27, 2022 at 6:44 AM Hilaire Fernandes via Cuis-dev <
cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I fell so enthusiastic about Cuis. It gave me back enthusiasm regarding
> programming with Smalltalk.
>
> With Cuis, the limits are your creativity and the energy you put in the
> balance; Cuis is very rarely an obstacle. For a casual programmer as me it
> is critical, my time is precious and every minutes spend on Cuis must be
> productive.
>
> Thanks Juan.
>
> Thanks too to its capable, friendly and warm community.
>
> Because of that enthusiasm, I want to propose to the community the idea of
> recurring online meetings. Something in a short format, like 30 min once a
> month, with a given topic proposed and presented by a volunteer chair. It
> will be like: "Ok, I, Paul, will present for 15 min one topic of interest
> of me with Cuis, then we, the audience will share questions and ideas."
>
> Short in its duration, it will prove to be effective and focused, and a
> light constraint. With long meeting, people fall asleep and get bored, and
> the focus gets loose.
>
> Moreoever, new users or curious about Cuis could join. Short enough, the
> meeting could be recorded for reference and documentation.
>
> It will be a great opportunity to learn and to discover, with a I think a
> quite good ratio of efficiency,  new facets of Cuis and its community.
>
> What do you think?
>
> I volunteer to propose topic on my current areas of interest:  "Writing
> book (for Cuis)", "Widget", "DrGeo". I am sure the spectrum of personnel
> areas of interest is diverse in the community, and I will be interested to
> learn new things.
>
> Hilaire
>
> --
> GNU Dr. Geohttp://drgeo.euhttp://blog.drgeo.eu

<https://10pines.com/>Hernán WilkinsonSoftware Developer & Coach

Alem 896, Floor 6, Buenos Aires, Argentina

+54 11 6091 3125

@HernanWilkinson