[Cuis-dev] About #wantsContour and collision detection

Juan Vuletich JuanVuletich at zoho.com
Mon Jan 31 09:44:17 PST 2022

Hi Folks.

I just realized that #wantsContour may answer true for many morphs that
don't really need it, for example, rotated or zoomed windows.

I think Morph>>wantsContour should answer false. Anybody using
#collides: or #isCloserThan:toPixel: can check what happens if we do
this change? Is it enough to redefine in some of your classes to answer
true?

Hilaire, I think this could especially affect DrGeo, so, please try the
change, and report, before I commit to repo.

Thanks!

https://independent.academia.edu/JuanVuletich
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Juan-Vuletich
https://patents.justia.com/inventor/juan-manuel-vuletich