[Cuis-dev] Proposals for Community meeting!

Nicola Mingotti nmingotti at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 13:23:05 PST 2022

Hi guys,

I will be happy to participate, i hope timing do not clash too often
with our company meetings,
in which case i would not be able to attend. Excuse me right for the
times this may happen.

So, I few things i can talk you about is:

. I am developing a touch screen GUI in Cuis for a product we will ship
in March.
   Cuis runs in a BeagleBone black. If i don't find bad surprises I will
ship it in Cuis.
   I can show you that in the near term.
   I don't have a real reason to make this in Cuis if not that it is an
easy project and forces me
   to learn Morphic once and for all. But i can tell you, the way Cuis
jump from
   the high dpi retinas display to a 800x500 (50euro) touch screen is
really amazing.
   I have seen thousand dollars Linux software fall miserably on this.
   The only problem i have here, up to now, is that if I load
VectorGraphics it all becomes super slow, so
   i am most probably forced to do without it. The deadline is near.

. I am porting the RFB package from Squeak. This seems not so easy. I
got it working
   in Squeak today. Then I opened a repository in github for the Cuis
version. I made
   some initial hacks but I don't know how far I am to have something
working.
   I use VNC a lot, so for me this is just useful per se. As a side
objective, it is
   cool to have a video running in a Cuis Morph ;)

. Months ago I started building an unusual ecommerce website for which i
was
   able to submit a patent request a few days ago. The web server is Cuis.
   Again, if i don't find unfixable problems it will remain in Cuis.
   I can't show you it right now, but in a few months may be !

. Wish-1. If anybody wants to show how to make a trivial plugin I would be
   very grateful. Just to have an idea. I would really like to know how
   OSProcess works for example, that tools for me is fundamental. Also,
if some
   day in the future we need to port VectorGraphics plugin to the Web
technology
   we should have some common warm up knowledge to start from. A little
introductory
   video would be super!

Bye
Nicola