[Cuis-dev] Refactorings Inline Method and Inline Temporary Variable available!!

Hernan Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 20:36:28 PDT 2022

Hi all!
 I'm happy to announce that we have two new refactorings in Cuis: Inline
Method and Inline Temporary Variable
 Those refactorings were developed by Fernando Balboa as part of this
thesis research. They came with the corresponding tests too.

 The shortcut for Inline Temporary Variable is cmd+2
 The shortcut for Inline Method is cmd+3 and it can be applied from the
method name or a message send.

 A few things have to be adjusted (some formatting stuff and some repeated
code), but we have tested both refactorings heavily and they seem to be
working well.
 Remember that the inline method is the opposite to extract method and
inline variable the opposite to extract variable.

 I hope you like it and find them useful.
 If you find bugs or things you would like to change, let us know.

 Finally I want to thank Fernando for his hard work, they were not easy
refactorings to develop and he has done it in a really professional and
useful manner. Thanks!!

 Cheers!
 Hernan.