[Cuis-dev] Code Stomping

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Tue Mar 22 08:02:40 PDT 2022

First of all, _my bad_, for not checking first.

My own repositories are one thing, but Cuis repos require more careful
management and testing than I have been doing.  My bad.  I can fix this.

I am a very casual user of git.

The major problem I see is the lack of feedback on what changes are
happening.

What I have just been looking at is "git diff", which can show the
deltas.

This is my new commitment and recommendation:

After one files out a package, but BEFORE committing, use "git diff" to
see all the deltas/changes in context.

This should be a part of the review process BEFORE committing.

Then, in a fresh image, re-load and re-test the package(s).

If AOK, THEN commit and push.

Notes:

"git diff" only shows _uncommitted_ changes.  It would be great to have
a way to see committed but UNpushed changes, but I don't know how to do
that.

Tonel loses method history and has various other problems as discussed
in
   http://forum.world.st/Squeak-and-Tonel-td5095284.html#a5095292

HTH,
-KenD