[Cuis-dev] FlatFileList

Luciano Notarfrancesco luchiano at gmail.com
Sun May 8 00:00:13 PDT 2022

Hi Mariano,

Do you know why exactly the original file list was slow and why this is
faster? Can we improve the performance of the current file list or the
HierarchicalListMorph in general?

And why did you find the need to subclass InnerListMorph and
PluggableListMorph and add the instance variable itemPrinter? Originally
PluggableListMorph is designed to get a list of strings from the model, and
on selection it tells the model the selected index in the list. It seems
that so far we didn’t have the need to allow arbitrary objects in the lists
and using just strings was enough. I wonder if we can do the same here, and
otherwise if we should make the PluggableListMorph “even more pluggable” by
allowing arbitrary objects as items and avoid adding those two special
subclasses with itemPrinting.