[Cuis-dev] [Ann] Unicode Text Editors

Luciano Notarfrancesco luchiano at gmail.com
Wed May 11 05:08:08 PDT 2022

Oh, you also added support for characters beyond the Basic Multilingual
Plane? Now this works:
  (StringUtf8 fromUtf32: (16r1D538 to: 16r1D56B)) edit
Super cool! I was missing some code points that I wanted to use for
printing. Can’t wait to be able to print unicode in the workspace, and
having unicode literal strings in methods, and unicode selectors… I’m
getting ahead, but it’s really exciting!

Btw, sorry to be obsessive about names again, but wouldn’t UTF8String and
UTF32String be better names than StringUtf8 and StringUtf32? Kind of
ByteArray instead of ArrayByte… anyway not very important… I won’t be using
these classes directly in my code, I guess.

Thanks again!
Luciano