[Cuis-dev] PreferenceNG integration

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at drgeo.eu
Thu May 12 04:28:54 PDT 2022

Juan,

Here is a step by step process to integrate PreferenceNG in the system.
I suggest to do it ASAP because many methods are edited. It will be a
pain to edit it again after third party changes.

On a bare bone Cuis image:

 1. install PreferenceNG class
 2. install all change set named CuisCorePreference in order
 3. Edit the source code of the VectorGraphics package by replacing
    '*Preferences* setDefaultFont:' with
    '*PreferenceNG* setDefaultFont:'. Alternatively you can change the
    method Preferences>>setDefault: to dispatch to
    'PreferenceNG>>setDefault:'. I am just thinking of that while
    writing this email ;-)
 4. Load the package VectorGraphics.  For example changing to TTF
 5. Load the VectorGraphics change set, it will change to other non
    critical use of Preferences
 6. Check the users of Preferences class, the only notable one should be
    FileList. Some work is needed on this class. We can discuss it later.

Thanks

Hilaire

--
GNU Dr. Geo