[Cuis-dev] PreferenceNG integration

Juan Vuletich JuanVuletich at zoho.com
Fri May 13 13:35:06 PDT 2022

On 5/12/2022 8:28 AM, Hilaire Fernandes via Cuis-dev wrote:

> Juan,
>
> Here is a step by step process to integrate PreferenceNG in the
> system. I suggest to do it ASAP because many methods are edited. It
> will be a pain to edit it again after third party changes.
>
> On a bare bone Cuis image:
>
>    1. install PreferenceNG class
>    2. install all change set named  CuisCorePreference in order
>    3. Edit the source code of the VectorGraphics package by replacing
>       '*Preferences* setDefaultFont:' with
>       '*PreferenceNG* setDefaultFont:'. Alternatively you can change
>       the method Preferences>>setDefault: to dispatch to
>       'PreferenceNG>>setDefault:'. I am just thinking of that while
>       writing this email ;-)
>    4. Load the package VectorGraphics.  For example changing to TTF
>    5. Load the VectorGraphics change set, it will change to other non
>       critical use of Preferences
>    6. Check the users of Preferences class, the only notable one
>       should be FileList. Some work is needed on this class. We can
>       discuss it later.
>
> Thanks
>
> Hilaire
>
> --
> GNU Dr. Geo
> http://drgeo.eu
> http://blog.drgeo.eu

Thanks you Hilaire!

This careful procedure made installing and publishing the updates really
easy. Thanks!

PreferenceNG is now at GitHub. When we are done migrating all users,
we'll remove the old Preference and Preferences.

https://independent.academia.edu/JuanVuletich
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Juan-Vuletich
https://patents.justia.com/inventor/juan-manuel-vuletich
https://twitter.com/JuanVuletich