[Cuis-dev] high-speed rich text

Shaping shaping at uurda.org
Tue May 17 08:10:16 PDT 2022

I don’t know, I guess it’s out of politeness for people that don’t want to receive big emails (for example people reading email on a phone).

It’s in efficient.   The e-mail was what it needed to be prosaically and visually to make the points.  The bandwidth is hardly a problem anymore, and the photos aren’t frequently needed or sent anyway.

Ever used Discord?

Yes. I hang out in some chat rooms sometimes, but I don’t find it very productive, I tend to spend time chatting instead of writing code.

You choose to chat; don’t chat if you have work to do and want to do the work.   The tool doesn’t force us to chat.

It’s more efficient if you are disciplined enough not to chat idly.  For example, you need not first upload an image to a public server, get a link for it, and paste it into your e-mail.

Also, the chatting, done correctly, can lead to the insights and information you need to do your programming tasks better.

This is brutal—like we’re stuck in the 2000s.