[Cuis-dev] Package Installer & Package Downloader

Mariano Montone marianomontone at gmail.com
Sun May 29 16:40:33 PDT 2022

Another thing to consider:

In Common Lisp world, there's Quicklisp as package downloader. To build
the package list, the package is downloaded and loaded. If the load
fails, then the package is not included in the package list; package
makes it to the package list only if load succeeds.

I imagine something similar could be implemented to build the list of
packages for Cuis.

That would not have solved the problem for your package, as the problem
is only observable as you try to run. But at least it would discard the
packages that don't load at all; that's a good thing.

It would make the building of the list more difficult, but could be
worth considering nonetheless.

I'll take a look at that too ..