[Cuis-dev] Siren progress and questions

Stephen Travis Pope stephen at heaveneverywhere.com
Tue Nov 29 18:36:34 PST 2022

Hello Colleagues,

The good news is that I have a basic display list view that can display and scroll my brand of display items (see screen shot below).
I don’t use morphs for the low-level display items; my display item classes can simply draw themselves on a morphic (or other) canvas.
The view scrolls in 2D; I don’t really need zooming for now.

My question lies elsewhere: I can’t seem to get the FFI test to work; I get error 16 or 1 for anything I try, even the simplest printf call example.
Is there a special rule or method to set this up?
Does the VM have to be in the same directory as the VI?
Are there known issues with the Mac port?
I’m running on a Mac with a 64-bit ARM V8 processor running MacOS Ventura 13.01.
I’m using the latest squeak.cog.spur_macos64ARMv8 VM from https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk.

Since the VM supports FFI but not the socket interfaces by default, I was going to write both the MIDI and OSC interfaces using FFI for now.

Another Q: What’s the interrupt key?

…any replies most appreciated...

stp

——

Attached screen shot - display list with random rectangles, lines and strings

--------

Stephen Travis Pope    Ojai, California, USA

     http://HeavenEverywhere.com
     http://FASTLabInc.com
     https://vimeo.com/user19434036/videos
     http://heaveneverywhere.com/Reflections