[Cuis-dev] Erudite

Mariano Montone marianomontone at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 15:22:27 PDT 2022

Hi Hilaire,

El 18/10/22 a las 16:41, Hilaire Fernandes via Cuis-dev escribió:

> Hi Mariano,
>
> Answer below
>
> Le 18/10/2022 à 03:56, Mariano Montone via Cuis-dev a écrit :
>
>> Once you open a book from the files, you can save to files directly
>> from Erudite book editor, clicking on save menu.
>>
>> Those should work. Please let me know if they work for you and what
>> you think of it.
>
> It works great. I save the Cuis manual, edit the file (cut one
> paragraph in several pieces), then load it back.

Great!

> We should discuss about how handling paragraph with numerous end-line
> (think Emacs and Alt-[Q] and Texinfo way of handling paragraph). I
> guess the rule is paragraphs are separated by empty line and
> intermediate end-lines are discarded.

Problem is that there's no concept of paragraphs in Erudite. Erudite
parser first tries to parse any markup elements, if none are found, then
it assumes it is just text.

I'm using double newline for separating paragraphs in Erudite books, but
that's just a visual thing, there's no parsing involved.

Parsing paragraphs and perhaps itemized lists could help with the
different outputs, but I'm not sure how hard to implement yet.

> Thanks for code

My pleasure

       Mariano