[Cuis-dev] Erudite

Mariano Montone marianomontone at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 12:29:24 PDT 2022

El 19/10/22 a las 12:36, Douglas Brebner via Cuis-dev escribió:
> On 18/10/2022 17:36, Mariano Montone via Cuis-dev wrote:
>> I'm not sure I can easily fix the parser to include paragraphs and
>> lists, but I'm thinking that adding some CSS stylesheet option to the
>> HTML renderer could improve the output.
>
> What exactly is the purpose of Erudite? Is it an in-image
> help viewer or a book making tool or something else?
>
> If it's meant to make books shouldn't it be augmented to do that?

Erudite is a book composer and reader. It's up to the author how they
want to use those books.

I've used them as help system for Cuis (load EruditeHelp package), and
also for documenting libraries and frameworks, like Morphic, PetitParser
and Magritte.

The contents of the book are interactive, so for example, the book on
Morphic embeds the morphs it explains about, the PetitParser book
displays parser evaluation results, etc.

Also, you can easily embed and point to Smalltalk code.

Just load MorphicBook or PetitParserTutorial packages and have a look.

Cheers,

       Mariano