[Cuis-dev] Erudite and DrGeo

Mariano Montone marianomontone at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 05:58:06 PDT 2022

Hi Hilaire,

El 27/10/22 a las 06:51, Hilaire Fernandes via Cuis-dev escribió:

> Hi Mariano,
>
> From now I just insert a dedicated button to open an Erudite book from
> DrGeo.
>
> Erudite

It is looking nice :)

> Things I want to explore:
>
>   * a bloc [[[]]] could have several actions (I should check if it is
>     possible). For example to copy, to render the result, etc.

Possible. If all DrGeo blocks have the same set of actions, then it is
easier. In the code I sent to you in last email, note that I create a
button. So, instead of creating one button, N buttons should be created.
So, instead of having a '[[[]]] copyToDrGeo' action, you would have
something like '[[[]]] withDrGeoActions' that shows the buttons. If you
want different set of buttons for each block, then it can be a bit more
difficult.

>   * replacing the action text button by a small icon with dedicated
>     tool tip, it will be less verbose, especialy when combining
>     several command. Is it possible?

Should be possible. Note that I insert text with a text action . Instead
of that, I would try to insert a Form (the icon) and attach a tooltip
text and click handler on it. I will have a look at that.

>   * How to better integrate Erudite in a dedicated pane attached to
>     another window, to have integrated help without overlapping
>     windows (you know kids tend to lost the track of the windows they
>     open)

It is unfortunate that windows in Cuis are not wrappers. If that had
been the case, then you could have just embeded the Erudite reader using
addMorph: . But you can't atm, because it is a subclass of SystemWindow.
I think the easier way would be for me to provide you with a book reader
morph that is not a subclass of SystemWindow, then you can use addMorph:
to integrate as a panel.

So, I'll try both the icons thing and the panel reader and get back to
you with some more code.

Cheers,

        Mariano