[Cuis-dev] gui elements size

rsykora at disroot.org rsykora at disroot.org
Sat Apr 29 13:18:05 PDT 2023

Dear list,

I tried to run cuis on my linux. I followed
https://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev/blob/master/Documentation/GettingStarted.md
and the system starts after
; cogspur/squeak Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev/Cuis6.0-5772.image
.

Is there a way to define the size of the window that is opened (in which
cuis smalltalk runs)? For me it is, unfortunately, both too big for my
screen
and too small to accommodate the cuis windows (and there are no
scrollbars).

After changing the 'Size of GUI elements', saving the image, closing,
and starting
again, the selected GUI size is not respected. Must I do something else?

[It is surprising that 'Set system font' on one hand offers
NotoEgyptianHieroglyphs
only to tell that the font does not contain ASCII characters and cannot
be used.]

Thanks for any comments.

Best regards
Ruda