[Cuis-dev] Dialog molding tool

Hilaire Fernandes hfern at free.fr
Sat Apr 29 00:43:33 PDT 2023

Hi,

I have finished the first round of the package for GUI dialog molding
tool. It is a helper to build field Morph dialog and to validate user
input data.

In top of the UI-Mold package there a the test package UI-Mold-Test.

Checkout at https://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/Cuis-Smalltalk-UI

Example of field descriptions and inter-field validations:

Mold dialog

Smalltalk code to describe it:

  |mold fullname email confirmEmail |
     mold  :=  Mold  new.
     fullname  :=  mold  stringField
         on:  #propertyValue  of:  ValueHolder  new;
         label:  'Your Name';
         beRequired;
         addCondition:  [:input  |  input  includesSubString:  ' ']
             labeled:
                 [:wrong  |
                 'Please enter your first and last name. I couldn''t find a space in {1}'  format:   {wrong} ].
     email  :=  mold  emailField
         on:  #propertyValue  of:  ValueHolder  new;
         label:  'Email Address:'.
     confirmEmail  :=  mold  emailField
         on:  #propertyValue  of:  ValueHolder  new;
         label:  'Confirm Email:'.
     email
         addCondition:  [:input  |  input  =  confirmEmail  input  ]
         labeled:  'Email addresses did not match.'.
     confirmEmail
         addCondition:  [:input  |  input  =  email  input  ]
         labeled:  'Email addresses did not match.'.
     mold  textField
         on:  #propertyValue  of:  ValueHolder  new;
         label:  'About yourself.';
         beRequired.
     mold  checkboxField
         on:  #propertyValue  of:  (ValueHolder  with:  true);
         label:  'Sign for the newsletter';
         addCondition:  [:input  |  fullname  isValid  not  or:  [input  or:  [fullname  value  first  =  $K  ] ] ]
             labeled:  'Sorry, you may not opt out of our spam unless your name starts with K.'.
     mold  openDialog:  'Example Eight'

--
GNU Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu