[Cuis-dev] Why not to save the image?

Dr. Nicola Mingotti nmingotti at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 08:01:48 PDT 2023

Hi,

One face of the story is this. If you restart the image from a known
state is like the image everybody else is using. It is easier to compare
results with others, you just say "i m using image version XX.XXX", do
you observe the same I do ?

If you keep working for 2 weeks on one image then then the changes you
may have done can be substantial. Also, Cuis LET YOU CHANGE the system !
You CAN CHANGE the definition of "=" between strings/doubles etc. So,
well, your Cuis will be your Cuis and equal to nobody else Cuis ;)

There are other nasty reasons, like, you are human, you will forget the
details of what you have done 4-5 days ago. The computer does not
forget. If you save the image, you can shut down the machine, but Cuis
will not forget !

HTH, have fun !

bye
Nicola