[Cuis-dev] processCommandLineArguments

Hilaire Fernandes hfern at free.fr
Sun Feb 12 12:02:58 PST 2023

Hello everyone,

I found that when I build a drgeo app, the method
processCommandLineArguments breaks at start up when there is no argument
(startUpArguments is empty).

In my bash start up script, if I add a dummy argument -toto it does not
break anymore.

The method source code shows no safe guard (any first) when
startUpArguments is #(''):

processCommandLineArguments
../..
     raiseExceptions _ false.
     startUpScriptArguments _ #().
*    optionIndex _ startUpArguments findFirst: [ :any | any first = $- ]
startingAt: 1.*

In previous version of the method, a Stream was used to collect the
arguments.

Strangely the bug does not show up in the image I build for development.
May be related to the startup sequence I have in app image. I can
provide an archive of the app if it is helpful.

Thanks

Hilaire

--
GNU Dr. Geo