[Cuis-dev] Trying OpenCL on macOS 12.6.3

Juan Vuletich juan at cuis.st
Fri Feb 24 03:11:24 PST 2023

Hi Sebastián,

(below)

On 2/7/2023 5:54 PM, Sebastian Sastre via Cuis-dev wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I’ve just got word that Cuis can use OpenCL from the Buenos Aires
> Smalltalk Slack group.
>
> This is exciting.
>
> I’ve downloaded CuisUniversity-5510 and loaded OpenCL and
> Test-OpenCL packages in it.
>
> When running the tests on OpenCLTest they failed with `External module
> not found` for OpenCLMacOSInterface
>
> I’ve checked libraryForCurrentPlatform and OpenCL.framework is present
> in the system (XCode installs it and I have it)
>
> Any clue on what’s missing to make Cuis find the library/framework?
>
> I’ve tried adding
>
> OpenCL.framework -> /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework
>
> But the issue was the same
>
> Thanks
>
> Sebastian Sastre
> http://sebastiansastre.co <http://sebastiansastre.co/>

I was on vacations, apologies for the late answer.

Last time I tried, OpenCL worked OK on Windows and on Linux.
Unfortunately Apple removed support for OpenCL from recent versions of
their OS. I haven't tried on my Mac ever since.

Have you made any progress on this? The easy way to check (at least on
Linux) if the OpenCL installation is working is to try a Python OpenCL
system report.

I'm interested on this.