[Cuis-dev] Some un-accurate information on The Cuis Book

Ignacio Sniechowski 0800nacho at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 02:17:49 PST 2023

Hi!
I hope everyone is doing ok. Following reading the book, I found some other
parts that perhaps should be changed.

*1.*
Page 17 (Chapter 2: The Message Way of Life), 2.1 Communicating entities.
The part reads, "The count of classes, the models for the entities
-instances of the class Class- is less than 600.

This is not the case; on a fresh new Cuis image, it is 671, so less than
700 is more accurate.

The same in page 8, Chapter 1: The class count is typically less than 600.

*2. *This is more of a question, page 31: Internal State: "A variable only
visible within the object is called a *private* variable."
Are there private variables in Cuis? We don't even need accessors to access
ivars.
So if this is as I understand it, the following is weird: "As a
consequence, it is impossible -if the object decides so- to know the
internal state of the object from another object."

Thanks, and sorry to bother you with these questions and comments. I am
enjoying re-reading the book a lot.
Cheers
[ 'Nacho' ]

*Ignacio Sniechowski*