[Cuis-dev] Some un-accurate information on The Cuis Book

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Sat Feb 25 07:44:42 PST 2023

On 2023-02-25 02:17, Ignacio Sniechowski via Cuis-dev wrote:

> Hi!
> I hope everyone is doing ok. Following reading the book, I found some
> other parts that perhaps should be changed.
>
> 1.
> Page 17 (Chapter 2: The Message Way of Life), 2.1 Communicating
> entities. The part reads, "The count of classes, the models for the
> entities -instances of the class Class- is less than 600.
>
> This is not the case; on a fresh new Cuis image, it is 671, so less
> than 700 is more accurate.
>
> The same in page 8, Chapter 1: The class count is typically less than
> 600.

Good catch!  Thanks!!  The Cuis image has grown a bit since Unicode et
al.

> 2. This is more of a question, page 31: Internal State: "A variable
> only visible within the object is called a _private_ variable."
> Are there private variables in Cuis? We don't even need accessors to
> access ivars.

I can't access iVars by sending a message to an object in Cuis without
an accessor.  The ivan name shows in RED and is unknown.

It sounds like we need to clarify the wording around "private" to
distinguish "internal" vs "external" access.

Cheers,
-KenD