[Cuis-dev] Some small issues

Barry Perryman barry.perryman at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 04:04:04 PST 2023

Hi All,

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this or not - please point me
in the right direction if this is wrong.

I'm slowly working through The Cuis-Smalltalk book, and playing around with
the system and I've come across a couple of small issues - I've tested
these with the latest code from git on both an intel mac and a 64-bit
raspberry pi and I've even compared to squeak where I think it makes sense.

The first one is the when I set the size of the GUI elements to something
other than default I can see a gap on the left and the right hand sides
between the top of the window and the title bar, I've attached a small
screen shot so you can see what I'm talking about. If I reset this back to
default the missing piece is still missing.

As an experiment I created a sublcass of the BrightColorTheme and made the
class respond to the roundedWindowCorners message with a false and the
problem went away - but I like rounded windows.

The second one is I don't seem to be able to make a LinkedList. I get a
message not understood. So in squeak if I do an inspect on the following it
works:

(LinkedList  new) add: 1; add: 2; add: 3; yourself.

Finally the Cuis-Smalltalk book says that the following will return false,
it does in squeak but in Cuis it returns true.

'hello' == 'hello' copy

Regards

Barry