[Cuis-dev] UART support in Cuis ?

Juan Vuletich juan at cuis.st
Sat Jan 21 07:46:57 PST 2023

Hi Sven,

On 1/19/2023 2:54 AM, Sven Nurber via Cuis-dev wrote:
> Hi.  I'm interested in interfacing with a device that has a custom
> serial protocol and displaying data graphically.  I think Cuis could
> be a good fit, but I don't see anything in stock image ( latest ) that
> would indicate there is serial port/UART support ?  I do see a github
> package named Cuis-Smalltalk-SerialPort but any attempt to load via
> directions on github readme fails.

You mean https://github.com/nmingotti/Cuis-Smalltalk-SerialPort , right?

In the last couple of days I fixed a few issues in Cuis that may be
related. Please update your repo, install latest updates into Cuis, and
try again.

Nicola, are you available to help Sven with using your package?

> Furthermore following Cuis
> installation directions with latest image&  vm any attempt to load
> "Package Downloader" where I'm guessing such packages might reside
> results in repeated prompts to "Download list of packages" and a
> Morphic UI error.
>
> Sven

Yes. I fixed those. Please pull repo, install updates and retry. And
please report any further issues. This is most helpful!