[Cuis-dev] UART support in Cuis ?

Juan Vuletich juan at cuis.st
Sun Jan 22 09:25:35 PST 2023

Hi Sven,

On 1/22/2023 2:49 AM, Sven Nurber via Cuis-dev wrote:
> Thanks for the replies Ken&  Juan.  Good information within.  I
> installed nmingotti/Cuis-Smalltalk-SerialPort via FileList and Printf
> via Package Installer without incident, but trying to write to port
> with the specific example from Cuis-Smalltalk-SerialPort results in
> MNU.  I tried some variations in message syntax without success.  Also
> unsuccessful in Pharo 9&10, but successful with current version of
> Squeak.
>
> Sven

Can you give more details? You can use the debugger to see what message
was not understood, and to see who's the receiver that didn't understand
it. Maybe you can even find the root cause of the problem yourself. In
any case, please include such information, and a screen capture of the
debugger where the call stack is visible. Doing this will help you learn
about the system, and greatly increase the chances of others being able
to help. A double win.

Nicola, can you please take a look? I believe I can't try it myself
without two PCs, two usb/serial adapters and a null modem adapter,
right? Besides, I've never seen or used this code.

Thanks!