[Cuis-dev] PreferenceBrowser tool

Luciano Notarfrancesco luchiano at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 05:51:39 PDT 2023

I think it’s a good idea to do that. It’s good to have different
implementations of things instead of merging everything into one single
implementation. The modularity of using packages allows us to explore
different approaches to UI. I think at some point we should make packages
for other tools, including the basic tools like the browser, workspace,
inspector, etc, and remove them from the core image. Then we could still
have releases with preloaded “default” packages that you can use for
development out-of-the-box without doing any package installations, but at
the same time we’d have more freedom to make our own customized tools, and
we could have both very simple tools (that could be a good starting point
for someone wanting to customize and extend tools according to their
preferences) and alternative more complex tools that include a lot of
functionality already.

I think there’s no need to rename it either, PreferenceBrowser is a good
name and I don’t think there’s the need to have both packages loaded at the
same time. Just my opinion, tho.