[Cuis-dev] PreferenceBrowser tool

Hilaire Fernandes hfern at free.fr
Fri Jun 16 13:39:45 PDT 2023

Hi,

Mariano, it is nice to have alternatives. Nevertheless, my first though
was that Cuis-Smalltalk-Extra was a too generic name and the repo may
just end as a load of unrelated packages. Then as Juan, I though -tools
will be a better name. Whatever, choices is yours.

More important, I encourage people writing widgets for their own project
to contribute back to Cuis-Smalltalk-UI and to make the effort to adapt
to the existing stuff there. I did this extensively when porting DrGeo
and facing the need to write more widgets. I think it is important for
the community. The worst scenario will be to have various widgets in
different repo the newbies will not find or have difficulties to reuse.
I don't think our community is big enough to dilute

Mariano, it seems you have writing some widgets for your preference
browser, it will be nice to reviewer if some could be extracted to
Cuis-Smalltalk-UI and see how to integrate. It will make it easier for
other to reuse, including me.

Thanks

Hilaire

--