[Cuis-dev] What is the meaning of "::" in code examples ?

Jaromir Matas mail at jaromir.net
Sun Mar 12 03:33:24 PDT 2023

Hi Hilaire, Alexandre, all

You're right, please disregard my suggestion; The Cuis Book is not the right place for a non-essential feature details indeed.

However, when looking for the "right" place I've discovered all this is already covered right in the image:

Check this:
BrowserWindow fullOnClass: Parser class selector: #chainExamplesDoubleColon.

Or check the World menu -> Help -> Terse Guide -> Syntax

In general I prefer any documentation as close to the subject as possible; in case of methods/classes as a comment or a help topic if too large for a comment; in case of syntax it's a bit tricky where to look and it didn't occur to me to check the Parser class but it's great it's there and linked from the Terse Guide.

Thanks for the link to wikibooks, I wasn't aware.

best,

--

Jaromír Matas
mail at jaromir.net