[Cuis-dev] Theme customization ... browser buttons

Gerald Klix cuis.01 at klix.ch
Fri Mar 17 09:48:06 PDT 2023

Hi Alexandre,

Subclassing BrowserWindow and PluggableButtonMorph is one possible solution.

The other solution is to provide a proper change set for the base image,
containing the added preference and the changed PluggableButtonMorph
code. I presume that this is a rather simple change, meaning it does not
create a big review effort for Juan, therefore he might accept such a
change.
I am strongly in favor of such a solution, because I want a better contrast
of the buttons wrt. to the window background.

While you are at it, you may also try to unify the code that calculates
the color of the browser's inheritance button and the code that calculates
the color of this very button's balloon help. The balloon help code
is a rather bad hack (of mine).

HTH and Best Regards,

Gerald