[Cuis-dev] Theme customization ... browser buttons

Mariano Montone marianomontone at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 18:32:08 PDT 2023

El 17/3/23 a las 21:55, Alexandre Rousseau via Cuis-dev escribió:
> I need to pick someone's brains.
>
> I'm trying to find the code (for purposes of theming) used to build
> this row of browser buttons (see attached).
>
> I doubt that clicking on every selector and reading its code in the
> hope of landing on the answer -- as I have done -- is the
> most efficient way.
>
> If you wanted to find the code that built this row of buttons, what
> tool(s) or actions would you take?
>
> Screenshot 2023-03-17 at 8.49.11 PM.png

This is what I do some times: click on middle mouse button several times
to open the halos on the Morph I'm interested in. Then click on the
"Menu" halo, then "debug..." and "browse morph class". Once I'm on the
morph class, I look for references to that class (context menu + "class
refs (N)"). That gives me the list of methods that instantiate that
class of morphs.

Other times, I look for a "root" method from which I guess the Morphs
are being built from. Probably an #initialize method, and then follow
the code and try to find the code that builds some part of the UI.

Other times I look for the senders of a method. Let's say you suspect
#createClassButton is being used for building a button in the button row
(context menu + "senders of ..(n)"). I may have to do this several times
too, look for the senders of the senders, etc.

Not sure if that may help you.

Cheers,

      Mariano