[Cuis-dev] Theme customization ... browser buttons

Bernhard Pieber bernhard at pieber.com
Sat Mar 18 08:33:51 PDT 2023

Hi everyone,

Here is how I would do it:
1. Choose the button label that seems to be used least often, e.g. 'class vars‘
2. Type the label in a text pane.
3. Highlight the text and press Ctrl-Shift-E.
4. You get a browser for all Methods with string 'class vars', which in this case is CodeWindow>>#optionalButtons.

It does not always work but when it does it is a fast way to find the right place.

In my previous life as a professional Smalltalk programmer we had customised our Smalltalk environment during development so that it opened a debugger when we held the Shift key pressed when clicking on a button. I remember that was very convenient.

Cheers,
Bernhard