[Cuis-dev] Rebuilding on events: Experiments in simplifying UI development in Cuis inspired by Mithril.js

Hilaire Fernandes hfern at free.fr
Sun May 14 04:13:42 PDT 2023

Sorry I don't have the reference at hand.  It is an accidental reading.
But I remember it is a way of doing in the web and from my understanding
to circumvent its inherent complexity in GUI. We don't have this legacy
complexity.

In most WEB GUI you don't have overlapping windows. With overlapping
windows, I fear rebuilding at each time may result in wasting a lot of
computing. Imagine a model represented visually with several different
visible forms (Morphs in fact), these morph embedded in more complex
Morphs. Will it required the whole redraw ?

Hilaire

--
GNU Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu