[Cuis-dev] Wrong background color in window title buttons

Juan Vuletich juan at cuis.st
Mon May 29 12:06:31 PDT 2023

On 5/24/2023 6:54 PM, Luciano Notarfrancesco via Cuis-dev wrote:
> Ah, it shows up only without round buttons. Change
> Theme>>#roundButtons to return false and you should see it.
>
> On Wed, 24 May 2023 at 22:32 Juan Vuletich <juan at cuis.st
> <mailto:juan at cuis.st>> wrote:
>
>     On 5/24/2023 3:08 PM, Luciano Notarfrancesco via Cuis-dev wrote:
>     > The close/collapse/expand/menu buttons in SystemWindows are
>     > PluggableButtonMorphs, so they adopt the window color when the
>     window
>     > is opened in the world (see SystemWindow>>#openInWorld and
>     > PluggableButtonMorph>>#adoptWidgetsColor:). The color is set when
>     > opening the window and never changes. Then, when a window is
>     active,
>     > the title is draw with a lighter color, and this doesn’t match the
>     > color of the buttons and causes a dark square shadow. At first I
>     > thought this was because we were using rasterized icons, but no,
>     it’s
>     > just a bug. Perhaps it’s more noticeable in my image because of the
>     > color scheme I’m using.
>     >
>     > Juan, what’s the right way to fix this? I would prefer not to add
>     > variables to PluggableButtonMorph, or create a subclass, or
>     hardcode
>     > some special case in >>#adoptWidgetsColor:. Perhaps you have a
>     better
>     > idea?
>
>     Hi Luciano,
>
>     I can't reproduce the problem in the stock Cuis image. Button
>     background
>     pixels are transparent (pixel value = 0), so they should not be
>     affected
>     at all by the window color.
>
>     HTH,

Oh, I see. Well, to me the obvious solution is:

PluggableButtonMorph >> drawOn: aCanvas
     aCanvas drawButtonIconFromCurrentMorph ifFalse: [
         self isRoundButton
             ifTrue: [ self drawRoundLookOn: aCanvas ]
             ifFalse: [ self draw3DLookOn: aCanvas ]].

The idea is that if a button is an icon, it is neither "round" nor "3d",
just the icon. Does this make sense and work well for you?