[Cuis-dev] Font shaping examples

Christian Haider mail at christianhaider.de
Thu Jul 11 10:19:11 PDT 2024

Sorry, but I was sure that I wrote something about the implementation, But
maybe I was dreaming or I will find it some day.

The 2 attached PDFs show a variety of glyph substitution situations.

Modern OpenType fonts have many interesting glyph varieties and good
substitution rules. Once a simple shaper only doing substitutions
(positioning would be the next important step) is in place, all these Font
options can be used at virtually no cost, since the data structures are well
optimized for fast access.

A nice feature for a modern text utilizing system - a must for professional
typesetting. But, as Berhard said yesterday, this is not an urgent or
important topic for Cuis at this time.

Happy hacking,

Christian