[Cuis-dev] Accented characters

Juan Vuletich juan at cuis.st
Fri Jul 12 08:59:46 PDT 2024

Hi Folks,

I've just pushed a few updates that addresses these issues for the most
common case. I reworked the placement of combining diacriticals, and
changed $i for "Dotless i" when followed by a combining diacritical.

Cuis actually has 3 ways to show text on the screen. The one that is
used most of the time (for performance reasons) uses cached FormGlyphs
that were drawn using the VectorEngine. Then there's the Smalltalk and
VM Plugin versions, that are used if morphs are rotated or zoomed.

The fixes I posted today are mainly for the cached FormGlyphs. So,
zoomed and rotated text will still have wrong placement of combining
diacriticals, and diacriticals over dotted $i for some time.

Thanks,