[Cuis-dev] start a Discord channel?

Bernhard Pieber bernhard at pieber.com
Mon Jun 10 22:59:44 PDT 2024

Hi Mark,

I would much prefer if all community discussion stayed on the mailing list. We are a small community and fragmentation of communication channels has hurt Smalltalk in the past. As it is now I only need to search the mailing list and find almost everything there ist to know. Searching is terrible in Discord.

More importantly, Discord is a proprietary technology. I fear the content might be lost at any time.

Reasonable people may disagree but I hate the user experience generally, especially the constant nagging to try gaudy features.

Cheers,
Bernhard