[Cuis-dev] How did you learn Smalltalk?

Mark Volkmann r.mark.volkmann at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 18:45:27 PDT 2024

On Tue, Jun 18, 2024 at 11:49 AM H. Fernandes via Cuis-dev <
cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> wrote:

> Hi Joseph,
>
> Did you take a look at the https://github.com/hilaire/CuisApp ?
>
> It is a Cuis prototype application to show how to develop GUI application
> with Cuis. It is very basic.
>
> We can write booklets, smaller than the "The Cuis Book", may be 50 to 80
> pages. Each booklet will be focused on one specific topic.
>
> I have interest about a booklet on Morphic : how to do graphic operation
> of course but also how to design new fancy widget, a bit like the
> CircularToolbarMorph.
>
> I have also interest about a booklet on how to construction GUI, essential
> about using LayoutMorph and some of the features found in Cuis-Smalltalk-UI.
>
> I will be interested if other could write on Web with Cuis, Mark ? Or
> TCP/UDP operation with Cuis.
>
> We could build step by step a collection of booklets useful for beginner
> and easier to maintain than a big book.
>
> Hilaire

Letting that cat out the bag, I've been writing about Cuis Smalltalk ever
since I started learning it a few weeks ago. I do plan to share what I have
written on this mailing list after I've cleaned it up. I have a bit of a
history of writing about tech. I wrote the Manning book "Svelte and Sapper
in Action". I also wrote the new book from Pragmatic Bookshelf "Server-Driven
Web Apps with htmx".

--
R. Mark Volkmann
Object Computing, Inc.