[Cuis-dev] How did you learn Smalltalk?

H. Fernandes hfern at free.fr
Tue Jun 18 09:49:34 PDT 2024

Hi Joseph,

Did you take a look at the https://github.com/hilaire/CuisApp ?

It is a Cuis prototype application to show how to develop GUI application with Cuis. It is very basic.

We can write booklets, smaller than the "The Cuis Book", may be 50 to 80 pages. Each booklet will be focused on one specific topic.

I have interest about a booklet on Morphic : how to do graphic operation of course but also how to design new fancy widget, a bit like the CircularToolbarMorph.

I have also interest about a booklet on how to construction GUI, essential about using LayoutMorph and some of the features found in Cuis-Smalltalk-UI.

I will be interested if other could write on Web with Cuis, Mark ? Or TCP/UDP operation with Cuis.

We could build step by step a collection of booklets useful for beginner and easier to maintain than a big book.

Hilaire

Dr. Geo -- http://gnu.org/s/dr-geo

----- Mail original -----

Thank you hilarie.

I'm looking at how to create applications with cuis smalltalk, specifically a GUI application. I'd like cuis to be the tool I turn to for any solutions I'm looking to build for myself, or if I ever need it in the future for work. It's very different for me coming from another language where I write a script and run it, and it outputs on stdout in the terminal. Smalltalk I can only understand how to do things in the workspace, and show things in the transcript.