[Cuis-dev] search path for packages

Mariano Montone marianomontone at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 07:17:52 PDT 2024

El 20/6/24 a las 10:40, Mark Volkmann via Cuis-dev escribió:
> I'm confused about where "Feature require: 'SomeName'" searches for
> package files. I have a directory named smalltalk that contains many
> cloned GitHub repos including Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev and Numerics. My
> image file is found at Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev/CuisImage/Volkmann.image. If
> I enter "Feature require: 'LinearAlgebra'" (defined in the Numerics
> repo) in a Workspace and "Do it", it loads fine. But how did it know
> where to look for it? If I move the Numerics directory to the parent
> directory of my smalltalk directory, it does not work.

Packages are searched recursively from directory: DirectoryEntry
projectBaseDirectory.

It is a bit more complicated than that actually, look at
FeatureRequirement>>placesToLookForPackagesDo:

The idea is to make a base folder (the #projectBaseDirectory), named
Cuis probably, then clone every repository in there.

For example, my Cuis folder contains: Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev,
Cuis-Smalltalk-Tools, etc, etc.

     Mariano