[Cuis-dev] search path for packages

Mark Volkmann r.mark.volkmann at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 17:39:56 PDT 2024

I really do want to get better at following the code. But I'm not seeing
how you discovered the use of
FeatureRequirement>>placesToLookForPackagesDo:. Here are the steps I
followed:

- search for senders of "require:" and find it in the Feature class
- look at that class method and find where the message "name:" is sent to
the FeatureRequirement class
- look at that method and see that it sends the message
"name:minVersion:minRevision:maxVersion:" to itself
- look at that method see that it creates an instance of the
FeatureRequirement class (with no initialize method) and sends it the
message "name:minVersion:minRevison:maxVersion:"
- look at that method and see that all it does is set instance variables

Why didn't I encounter a send of the "placesToLookForPackagesDo:" message?

--
R. Mark Volkmann
Object Computing, Inc.