[Cuis-dev] search path for packages

Mark Volkmann r.mark.volkmann at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 08:20:17 PDT 2024

On Thu, Jun 20, 2024 at 10:19 PM <ken.dickey at whidbey.com> wrote:

> On 2024-06-20 17:39, Mark Volkmann via Cuis-dev wrote:
>
> > I really do want to get better at following the code. But I'm not
> > seeing how you discovered the use of
> > FeatureRequirement>>placesToLookForPackagesDo:.
>
> Different strategy.
> - Selected `require:`
> - CMD-M (or menu: implementors)
> - Selecfed `FeatureRequirement` [worker class]
> - CMD-B (menu: Browse)
> - Browser shows findPackageFileAsReqOf:

Here is the source of my disconnect.
In the Feature require: method I see "FeatureRequirement name: ...".
What made you decide to look at the placesToLookForPackagesDo: method in
the FeatureRequirement class?
Did it just look like a possible place where the work would be done?
Tracing the code starting from Feature require: I don't run across a
message send that would invoke that.

--
R. Mark Volkmann
Object Computing, Inc.