[Cuis-dev] new YouTube video on Cuis Smalltalk

kirtai+st at gmail.com kirtai+st at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 21:27:36 PDT 2024

On 29/06/2024 21:01, ken.dickey--- via Cuis-dev wrote:
> BTW, I just finished re-reading _Where Mathematics Comes From: How the
> Embodied Mind Brings Mathematics into Being_
>    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where_Mathematics_Comes_From
> which distinguishes the notation of mathematics from _understanding_
> math via the underlying metaphors and metaphorical blends.

Reminds me of Richard Feynmann's "QED: The Strange Theory of Light and
Matter" which explains almost all of quantum electrodynamics for the
layman without using any mathematical notation at all.in a very clear
and understandable way.

One point he makes is that most of the advanced maths used in QED is for
*efficiency*, rather than comprehension.