[Cuis-dev] [Important] Additional packages for Stable (LTS) releases (was Re: Re : Re: Beta for Cuis 7.0 stable, Rolling Release is 7.1)

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Wed May 22 08:20:58 PDT 2024

On 2024-05-22 08:06, Hilaire Fernandes via Cuis-dev wrote:

> Le 21/05/2024 à 23:16, ken.dickey--- via Cuis-dev a écrit : So, Hilaire
> and Ken, do you think that the Cuis-Smalltalk-UI packages
> are stable enough to be in a stable release with long term support? If
> needed, will you give support for them, not only for the current
> Rolling Release, but also for Stable Releases? These will be different
> package files, and most likely on separate repos.
> Being 75, I am definitely in the "red zone", so I am not sure about
> "Long Term Support", but I am happy to do this as long as I am around.
>
> I think there are improvements to be made, but this can be done
> as-needed.  UI component morphs are useful enough to make this
> worthwhile.
>
> Hilaire ?

Zero resource for that sorry. I am just realistic given my constraint.

Hilaire, I am happy to take this on, but might need hints w.r.t. DrGeo
specific usage.

I hope not to take much of your time.

Hey, "retired" means "self funding" + "I have more time than you for
this".

"Known to work at time of release" is a good suggestion.

I would like access to a separate clone of DrGeo for 7.0 (8.0 ..) Stable
repo.  I will maintain.  I assume you will keep up with Current.

Would this work for you?

Good on ya,
-KenD