[Cuis-dev] [Important] Additional packages for Stable (LTS) releases (was Re: Re : Re: Beta for Cuis 7.0 stable, Rolling Release is 7.1)

Hilaire Fernandes hfern at free.fr
Wed May 22 08:46:41 PDT 2024

Hi Ken,

I don't understand why you want DrGeo working with different versions of
Cuis. This will be waste of human resource.

 From the DrGeo perspective, what is needed: can it be developed with
stable release of Cuis. My previous attempt with Cuis 6.2 was a failure
because some needed packages evolved with Cuis 6.3. I then switched back
to Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev for my peace of mind, which is a paroxysm.

I don't how for all, but from my point of view, if I should use again a
stable Cuis release, I will need to:

- fetch the needed, known compatible versions of the packages I need,
without the need to spend three hours finding them

- when I do a git pull, or pullAllRepos these packages should remain to
the compatible version.

 From a package maintainer POV, I need to know how to tag a given
version (likely in git version number) of the package to be compatible
with a given Cuis release. Likely, sadly,  the package own version
number will be of no use.

Hilaire

--
GNU Dr. Geo