[Cuis-dev] [Important] Additional packages for Stable (LTS) releases (was Re: Re : Re: Beta for Cuis 7.0 stable, Rolling Release is 7.1)

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Wed May 22 10:28:04 PDT 2024

On 2024-05-22 08:46, Hilaire Fernandes via Cuis-dev wrote:

> I don't understand why you want DrGeo working with different versions
> of Cuis. This will be waste of human resource.

Well, Cuis7-0 is supposed to be Stable and Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev, Current,
will keep changing.

My thought was that DrGeo-Stable would be released with Cuis-Stable and
DrGeo-Current (unreleased) would be done against Cuis-Current.

If you are making a Release of DrGeo against Cuis-Current, I would
expect you to have to copy/freeze any packages you use with the DrGeo
release, including the Cuis-Current base.

I have not looked, but I am presuming you have a DrGeo Release
(all-in-one?) which is expected to be stable for your users.

To help more than hurt, I probably need to know more of your DrGeo
Release packaging strategy.

-KenD