[Cuis-dev] [IMPORTANT] Changes affecting compatibility

Gerald Klix cuis.01 at klix.ch
Thu May 23 08:19:53 PDT 2024

On 5/20/24 8:54 PM, Juan Vuletich wrote:
> On 5/18/2024 5:17 PM, Juan Vuletich via Cuis-dev wrote:
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> I'm preparing the system for a better way to specify menus and
>> keyboard shortcuts. In preparation for this, I'll shortly remove some
>> methods from PluggableLists. This will affect any Morphic tool in
>> your code using them. I'll remove:
>>
>> All implementors of
>> #model:listGetter:indexGetter:indexSetter:mainView:menuGetter:keystrokeAction:
>>
>> #model:listGetter:primarySelectionGetter:primarySelectionSetter:listSelectionGetter:listSelectionSetter:mainView:menuGetter:keystrokeAction:
>>

>> All class side implementors of
>> #model:listGetter:indexGetter:indexSetter:
>>
>> If your code includes senders of these, please browse PluggableLists
>> to see the new protocol. You may also check updates 6374 and 6375,
>> and the packages for which I just pushed changes.
>> If your code includes implementors of these, in your own
>> PluggableLists classes, please update the code following the protocol
>> in the base PluggableLists.
>>
>> I have already pushed the required changes for all packages in the
>> Cuis-Smalltalk organization.
>>
>> I'll push the removals of those methods in the next days.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

> Folks, please review your code WRT this. In a few days I'll be pushing
> the removals of these deprecated methods.
>
> Thanks!

Hi Juan,

Sorry for my late answer. My development machine quit (during the last
geomagnetic storm). I discovered, much to my chagrin, that my disaster
recovery abilities weren't (and still aren't) as good as they should be.
After all, without a working PSU a ZFS-raidz2 of 8 SSDs is just piece of
expensive plastics and metal.

I will look into this tomorrow.
Please do not expect to much,
I am still busy with software development
and setting up a second (and third) development
environment. And other redundant things ...

Best Regards,

Gerald