[Cuis-dev] [IMPORTANT] Changes affecting compatibility

Juan Vuletich juan at cuis.st
Sat May 25 08:44:37 PDT 2024

Hi Gerald,

On 5/23/2024 12:19 PM, Gerald Klix via Cuis-dev wrote:
> On 5/20/24 8:54 PM, Juan Vuletich wrote:
>> On 5/18/2024 5:17 PM, Juan Vuletich via Cuis-dev wrote:
>>
>> Folks, please review your code WRT this. In a few days I'll be
>> pushing the removals of these deprecated methods.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
> Hi Juan,
>
> Sorry for my late answer. My development machine quit (during the last
> geomagnetic storm). I discovered, much to my chagrin, that my disaster
> recovery abilities weren't (and still aren't) as good as they should be.
> After all, without a working PSU a ZFS-raidz2 of 8 SSDs is just piece of
> expensive plastics and metal.

Oh, that is too bad! I hope you had external backups, or your stuff
committed to some external server / repos.

> I will look into this tomorrow.
> Please do not expect to much,
> I am still busy with software development
> and setting up a second (and third) development
> environment. And other redundant things ...

Yes, I know. We are all busy people!

The important part is to remember that updating your Cuis may require
you to pay attention to this issue. When you're ready to do it, you'll
find all us here if you need help or advice. (This is for everyone
reading, of course).