[Cuis-dev] ODBC error

Juan Vuletich juan at cuis.st
Mon Oct 21 10:58:27 PDT 2024

Hi Mark,

That is very much appreciated. I hope your book will be very useful for
other people new to Cuis and Smalltalk!

As you prepare material for your book, please keep in mind
https://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev/blob/master/Documentation/AboutCuis.md#the-philosophy-behind-cuis
and http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~evans/cs655/readings/smalltalk.html .
These explain the ideas behind Smalltalk, and knowing about them from
the start will be a great help when trying to understand any part of the
system. They also explain why it is much better to learn the tools to
explore the system that it is to ask someone questions. Asking questions
is of course OK, but if you succeed in finding the answer before asking,
your benefit is much bigger.

Cheers,