[Cuis-dev] resolving recent Morphic changes

Juan Vuletich juan at cuis.st
Sun Sep 22 18:33:48 PDT 2024

On 9/22/2024 9:11 PM, Mark Volkmann via Cuis-dev wrote:
> I have an app that no longer runs with the latest Morphic updates.
> The LayoutMorph method addMorphFront: sends #isPlacedMorph to its
> argument.
> In my case that is an instance of TextEntryMorph.
> This results in a MessageNotUnderstood error because TextEntryMorph no
> longer supports the message #isPlacedMorph (Did it previously?).
> I see that the class TextEntryMorph is a subclass of ProtoObject and
> not Morph.
> That explains why it doesn't find the isPlacedMorph method.
> How should I fix this?
>
> --
> R. Mark Volkmann
> Object Computing, Inc.

You're trying to make a subclass of a class that no longer exists. There
recent changes in the Morphic hierarchy were discussed in this mail
list. Please find and read those messages.

Alternatively, you can use the system itself, explore it, and see what
new classes replace those no longer available.

Happy explorations!